For decades, we’ve passionately championed the causes of everyday individuals confronting remarkable injustices, from the sidewalks and town squares to the Supreme Court.
- FILED: April 2020
- STATE: Illinois
- CLIENT: Pastor Stephen Cassell
- DETAILS: Governor J.B. Pritzker’s executive orders mandated that Cassell close his church early in the pandemic. Local officials threatened church staff with arrest and prosecution.
- FILED: May 2020
- STATE: California
- CLIENTS: South Bay United Pentecostal Church
- DETAILS: Governor Gavin Newsom enforced strict limitations on all places of worship in California in response to COVID-19. The church claimed these restrictions disproportionately affected them by banning indoor services and singing.
- FILED: June 2020
- STATE: New York
- CLIENTS: Rev. Steven Soos et. al.
- DETAILS: The governor of New York and the mayor of New York City exploited the COVID-19 pandemic by enforcing an arbitrarily applied “social distancing” protocol. This was used to shut down a Catholic priest conducting outdoor services for his congregation.
Do you need a COVID-19 vaccination exception?
Do the authorities treat your church like second-class citizens?
Do you have to compromise your convictions to make a living?
Do certain medical procedures violate your religious beliefs?